me and my bear!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's funny the past week I haven't really talked to Mike much, and I get down and depressed when I don't even hear from him for like 5 days. Then all of the sudden, he texts me or calls me for a few minutes and it's all better. The military "wife," though I am not that title yet, maybe in another year I will be, is a funny job. You are a single wife/mother for a while, while your man is over seas fighting for our country. I don't know, I just thought it was weird. I saw this quote on my friends facebook status the other day which is why I got thinking about all of it... "She packs. She moves. She follows. Why? What for? How come? You may think she's lost her mind. Actually, she's lost her heart. It was stolen from her by a man. A man who puts duty first, who longs to deploy, who salutes the flag, and whose boots in the doorway remind her that as long as he is her ... Military Husband she will remain his Military Wife. Repost if you're proud of your man who is in the Military!" I thought it was very sweet. Her husband is overseas right now and she is a single mom pretty much just by geography. She was fun to get to know in class last spring.

Anyway, today at work was fun. Busy most of the day. Seeing lots of cute shelter pets. Starting to get excited me and Michael will be getting a dog shortly after he gets home. I'm trying to push him more towards closer to me graduating in December since he won't be able to bring it to my apartment when he comes to visit. But it will be fun when we get one, I'm excited!!! I was talking to him today, as I said above, and I was telling him that my mom is like oh you're definitely getting engaged after graduation if not before. And he was like haha well we'll see. Then he said I guess that means I need to go golfing with you dad soon. And I was like well September is a lovely month for golfing. haha :)

I also worked a little in my garden today, it was nice, but very very hot. I was drenched with sweat by the time me and my sister finished. Which we only weeded like half of it. In other news ... people drive me absolutely crazy not following directions. I guess that should go under my work part though. Or after you give them directions they ask you the exact same questions you just finished telling them. Anyone in the medical profession knows that. Or anyway dealing with the public in general knows that. haha. Some people are just stupid, and need written directions I guess. Also, I got my medicine today ... Synthroid, aka Levothyroxine. I will be starting that in the AM so that should be fun since I am super awful taking medicine, of any size. But I guess there is no time like the present to learn!! I still have an appointment with an endocrinologist early August. So maybe he will tell me something different or figure out where the exact problem is coming from. But I will update on that as it comes along! Anyway, that's about it for today!

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death -- even death on a cross!" -Philippians 2:5-8

...Keeping The Faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment